I did not partake in the first release of Apple Watch. I was curious but not curious enough. I bought a Playstation 4 instead.
Last month Apple had its announcements. I wasn’t all that jazzed about the iPhone 7 (even though I am due to upgrade my iPhone 6) so I thought I’d try out the watch instead. I ordered an Apple Watch Series 2, 42mm Stainless Steel w/ Silver Milanese Loop. I also got a Cocoa Sport Band for a little variety.
It’s been about a month with the watch and I’m not sure I should keep it. Few notes:
- I suspect a big benefit of the watch is quick glances at notifications — but for me, I’m actively trying to remove notifications from my life. I turn them off completely on the desktop and audit them on iOS significantly.
- There is the health tracker / movement component, but for me it’s not a huge draw. I don’t do heavy workouts much. I do like to take the occasional podcast walk, but I feel like I get enough info from my phone’s step counter if I really cared.
- I don’t like the pressure that I need to wear the watch all day to fill up my bars. I did not wear a watch before this and it still feels very alien. I like taking it off when I type on my laptop or after I wash my hands (it gets wet and doesn’t dry off right away).
- I find myself constantly fiddling with the magnet strap. I like the band to be slightly tight and it feels like it get loose quickly if I move my arms a certain way (putting on my backpack, making my bed, etc.).
- The sport band strap is too small for me (even with the larger of the two bands) — it technically fits but is too tight. One more hole would have helped.
Am I missing something? What do you love about your Apple Watch? Let me know. As of now, I’m looking for ways to sell it — I think the money for me would be better put towards a new Mac (should they ever be rev’d again).