While I won’t be at WWDC proper I will be in San Francisco the week of WWDC. I have a ticket to AltConf and otherwise expect to be mingling about.
What do I want to see announced? Here is some of my wish list.
- Let me use Xcode’s refactor tool to refactor Swift.
- Let me use Instruments to measure performance of Swift.
- Introduce a tool similar to
- Add standard library tools for processing JSON.
- Continue to improve Obj-C Interoperability.
- Swift versions of NSDate and NSDecimalNumber
- Fix the “I have to make it public or double add the modules” to let tests see code issue.
- Introduce a cloud service version of Xcode Server.
- Improve Xcode Templates (eg: should recommend new test file with new class).
- Add code coverage tools.
- Improve testing tools. (Maybe add a formal UI testing layer?)
- Add a spell checker that is smart about function names and other symbols.
- Stability improvements.
- Let me slide loads apps outside the App Store.
- Improve App Store searching, browsing and discovery.
- Formal API to iTunes Connect.
- Third Party Siri access.