A developer-focused, Remote User Testing Session of your mobile app or website, for $99
What is user testing?
User testing is a form of usability research where you:
- Give a person your mobile app and some basic tasks.
- Ask them to talk out loud while they perform the tasks.
- Sit quietly, observe and take notes about what is working and what is not.
In general, it is a good idea to regularly perform user testing to challenge assumptions and learn for real world experiences.
The current challenge
Right now, during COVID lock down it is much harder to run these user tests, specifically for mobile apps.
- People are avoiding unnecessary travel.
- People don’t want to stand next to or talk with strangers.
- People don’t want to handle other people’s phones.
- Many people are not comfortable screen sharing their iPhone or Android screens.
A developer-focused, Remote User Testing Session of your mobile app or website for $99.
Hi! My name is Mike Zornek, I am a mobile application developer who does both coding and user experience design work. I’ve been building mobile apps for over a decade.
To help application developers perform much needed user testing during lock down I am offering a simple, low cost, and high value way to get some feedback about your app via a Remote User Testing Session, for flat fee of $99.
In addition to overcoming the technical hurdles or recording such a testing session, being a developer with interface design experience I am uniquely positioned to give you very specific and actionable ways to improve your app.
What you get
- A 30-minute screen recording of the test session.
- You’ll see my face and the screen of the mobile device.
- I can test with both iOS and Android, as well as a specific browser of your choice.
- The recording is delivered in 48 hours or less from the time of payment.
- A 30-minute follow up video chat.
- Schedule a time that fits your needs.
- Ask questions about my review.
- Talk through ideas that are in-development.
How it works
- Fill out a form with basic info about your app and what you want tested.
- Pay the $99 flat fee via an online invoice that will be emailed to you.
- Access and download the recording of your session 48 hours after payment.
- Use a provided calendar link to setup a 30 minute followup meeting.
[the feedback video] was great, just the kind of user-testing session I would love to have more of but cant figure out how to run in the covid world.
~ Arpit Mathur
Awesome feedback, thanks so much for taking the time to go through the app so thoroughly! This is super helpful to see you using the app and I basically agree with all your suggestions.
~ Peter Alt
I really appreciate Mike’s thoughtful and detailed look at my apps. His experience always shines through his notes and video walk-thru. He’s particularly great at showing me blind spots and ways to fix them. Strong recommendation.
~ Kotaro Fujita
Since the reviews I do for paying clients are confidential I did a sample review of the FreshBooks iOS app to help demonstrate what you’ll get. Check it out below.
If you want to get started doing user testing yourself I highly recommend Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems by Steve Krug.