A developer-focused, Remote User Testing Session of your mobile app or website, for $299
What is user testing?
User testing is a form of usability research where you:
- Give a person your mobile app and some basic tasks.
- Ask them to talk out loud while they perform the tasks.
- Sit quietly, observe and take notes about what is working and what is not.
In general, it is a good idea to regularly perform user testing to challenge assumptions and learn for real world experiences.
The current challenge
Right now it is much harder to run these user tests.
- People are avoiding unnecessary travel.
- People don’t want to stand next to or talk with strangers.
- People don’t want to handle other people’s phones.
- Many people are unsure how to screen share or record their iPhone or Android screens.
A developer-focused, Remote User Testing Session of your mobile app or website for $299.
Hi! My name is Mike Zornek, I am a developer who does both coding and user experience design work. I’ve been building mobile apps and websites for over 20 years.
To help product owners perform much needed user testing I am offering a simple, low cost, and high value way to get actionable feedback about your app via a Remote User Testing Session, for flat fee of $299.
In addition to overcoming the technical hurdles or recording such a testing session, being a developer with interface design experience I am uniquely positioned to give you very specific ways to improve your app.
What you get
- A 30-minute screen recording of the test session.
- You’ll see my face and the screen.
- I can test with iOS, Android or a specific browser of your choice.
- The recording is delivered in 48 hours or less from the time of payment.
How it works
- Answer an email with basic info about your app and what you want tested.
- Pay the $299 flat fee via an online invoice that will be emailed to you.
- Access and download the recording of your session (~48 hours after payment).
[the feedback video] was great, just the kind of user-testing session I would love to have more of but cant figure out how to run in the covid world.
~ Arpit Mathur
Awesome feedback, thanks so much for taking the time to go through the app so thoroughly! This is super helpful to see you using the app and I basically agree with all your suggestions.
~ Peter Alt
I really appreciate Mike’s thoughtful and detailed look at my apps. His experience always shines through his notes and video walk-thru. He’s particularly great at showing me blind spots and ways to fix them. Strong recommendation.
~ Kotaro Fujita
Since the reviews I do for paying clients are confidential I did a sample review of the FreshBooks iOS app to help demonstrate what you’ll get. Check it out below.
Get Started / Questions?
Shoot me an email or tweet and we can get started.
If you want to get started doing user testing yourself I highly recommend Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems by Steve Krug.