A Look Back: Week Ending October 18th
Lots of times it’s easy to feel bad about missing deadlines but when you add it all up, it turns out a lot of things happened last week.
- Got my pull request that adds Postmark broadcast email support to the Elixir swoosh library was merged in! More info.
- Worked on a per-event Add to Calendar feature that lets you download an
.icsfile or create a new event in Google Calendar via a customize link. This was a feature request of a beta user so happy to see user needs starting to dictate feature development!
- Started my official campaign with EthicalAds, which is a privacy-focused advertising network for developers from the folks at Read the Docs. I ended up tweaking the ad copy to hopefully improve the click through rate. I’ll share result in a few weeks.
- Did a demo of Guildflow for IndyHall Show and Tell.
- Improved the loading time of the new home page by optimizing lots of images.
- For the Android Book Club I read chapters: 24 HTTP and Background Tasks, 25 Loopers, Handlers, and HandlerThread, and 26 SearchView and SharedPreferences. I normally code these in too but did not do it this week as I had some other higher priorities.
- Met with Kotaro to review progress on his iPad drawing app and share my own progress with Guildflow.
- Finalized details for a new client project. Will be helping a team using Elixir and Phoenix for a large website relaunch.
- Finished up my hello world greeter example Phoenix project and tutorial. Need to promote it this week.
- Did a Remote User Testing Session for a customer. They loved it.